Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA.
- B.A. in Creative Writing, emphasis Poetry / Caribbean Literature, 2010
University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA.
- M.F.A in Creative Writing, 2013
Panels / Readings:
- Reading of Danke Schoen: Poems at the Oliver Plunkett, Cork, Ireland. June 2013
- Panelist at Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s New York Scholar Symposium, “Publishing Your First Book” November 2012.
- Reading of Danke Schoen:Poems at The Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh, Scotland. July 2012
- Editor, Ethnografis: A Poet Reads Rap (Currently)
- Editor, Expressionists Magazine of the Arts, 2009-2010
- Writing / Broadcast Intern | Premier Christian Media |London, UK, 2010
Honors and Awards:
- Prize Americana for Poetry 2010
- Lilly Graduate Fellowship 2010
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Fellowship 2010
- Douglas Scholarship in Creative Writing 2009
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship 2007.
- Danke Schoen: Poems. The Poetry Press. Hollywood, CA. September 2010. Print.
Individual Poems & Reviews
- “Lessons in Lavender” and “West Cape, In Memoriam” (New Writing: An Anthology of Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction, Drama: The Best of Americana, June 2013)
- Review of The Dream in the Next Body by Gabeba Baderoon (Prick of the Spndle 6.2, June 2012)
- Review of A Little North of Hollywood (Or, Dimly and in Flashes) by L.E.K Wilson (Prick of the Spindle 6.2, June 2012)
- Review of The Lesser Tragedy of Death by Cristina Garcia (Gently Read Literature 7.1, 2010)
- “Gloaming at Stone County,” (Review Americana, Summer 2011)
- “Hymn for August” (Silk Road Vol. 6.1, 2011)
- “Mulatto” and “Art” (South Jersey Underground, Summer 2010)
- “Tanque” and “Gravity” (Expressionists Magazine of the Arts, Vol. 39, 2010)
- “Harlem Manifesto” (Chopper Journal, Vol. 5, 2010)
- “Elegy in Broken Stanzas” (The Rose and Thorn Journal, Winter 2010)
- “West Cape, In Memoriam” (Review Americana, Fall 2009); “Peach Tree” (The Rose and Thorn Journal, Summer 2009)